What Is A Compression Garment?
Medical compression garments are synthetic textiles like lycra or nylon, which are both strong and flexible. They're made in a way that enables for a graded, multi-directional stretch while still keeping pressure on the treatment area. Compression garments are available in a number of sizes to fit a wide range of body types and body sections. You may be sent home with one or more compression garments for the belly, breasts, legs or arms, and neck or chin, depending on your liposuction treatment. A good fit should be snug but not unpleasant. Your doctor may prescribe different sizes so that you can adjust the pressure when your swelling subsides.
How Do They Help Liposuction Recovery?
Compression garments not only make recovery easier, but they also reduce swelling and bruising, allowing for speedier healing. They also assist the body adhere to its new contour, which improves the outcome of your liposuction treatment.
Compression clothing used correctly during liposuction recovery can:
- Reduce Swelling: Your body will create fluids after your liposuction operation, which might build up and stay stagnant, producing painful swelling. Compression garments prevent fluid from pooling in the area of your procedure by delivering even, consistent pressure, resulting in a reduction in swelling.
- Minimize Bruising: Liposuction causes stress to the blood vessels directly beneath the skin, causing bruising when blood rises to the surface. By keeping blood away from the skin's surface, compression clothing helps to reduce the look of bruises.
- Minimize Scarring: Liposuction scarring is usually minor because the incisions are small and well hidden. Compression garments, on the other hand, help to decrease scarring by keeping pressure on the incision site, resulting in smoother, flatter skin.
- Prevent Edema Formation: Liposuction removes fat from beneath the skin and above the muscle, leaving a gap for fluids to collect and pool. Edema is the collection of fluid in this area that creates lumps. Compression clothes compress the skin against the muscle, reducing potential fluid accumulation.
- Reduce Pain and Discomfort: Compression garments, according to many patients, help them feel more comfortable following surgery and make movement easier during the early stages of recuperation. Compression garments can help you feel better, improve your posture, and take better care of the areas affected by your liposuction surgery. Consult your doctor if your compression garments are causing you pain rather than offering relief.
- Improve The End Result: While wearing compression garments may not be glamorous, they will help you achieve better outcomes. The supporting compression helps skin retraction for a better, tighter shape and prevents it from becoming slack or wrinkled.
At La Midas, with our international standards of technology, infrastructure, clinical care and modern medicines, we help our patients achieve all their dreams of beauty and wellness. With our cutting-edge technology and our team of experienced and highly qualified specialists, we always prioritize the beauty and wellness of our clients.
Consult us at La Midas for the best liposuction treatment in Gurgaon!