The results of PRP treatment for the face are natural-looking and subtle, and they last for at least two years but it can take a few weeks to see results. Since the procedure uses your blood, PRP is minimally invasive and poses no risk of allergic reactions or infection transmission. PRP may be used to rejuvenate almost every part of the body. Book your appointment at La Midas Skin Clinic, the best skin clinic in Gurgaon.
What are the advantages of PRP for the skin?
Platelets are body cells that help tissues repair and regenerate new cells. They aid in tissue repair and formation of new cells. As a result, when PRP is inserted into the skin, it stimulates collagen and promotes tissue regeneration, making the skin appear smoother, tighter, and younger. PRP does not produce immediate results like dermal fillers. PRP is injected all over the face, stimulating collagen development and resulting in total facial rejuvenation. PRP brightens the skin, smoothens out wrinkles, fills hollowed cheeks, decreases pore size, and reduces acne scars. The effects of PRP are incremental and seem normal rather than dramatic.
What is the procedure for PRP?
PRP treatment outcomes may differ from person to person, and multiple treatment sessions may be needed to achieve desired results. The following describes the PRP treatment procedure:
- Local anaesthesia is used for the operation. A numbing cream is added to the skin and left on until totally numb, resulting in no discomfort during the operation.
- Around 30 ml of blood is drawn from a vein in the arm (just like a normal blood test) and spun in a centrifuge machine for 8-10 minutes before the plasma, which is yellow in colour, separates from the rest of the blood.
- The plasma is then pumped all over the face with a small, thin needle with an insulin syringe. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.
- Following the operation, the doctor will typically apply ice to minimise swelling and bruising.
- After the treatment, the skin becomes reddish and there may be swelling and bleeding, which normally improves in a couple of days.
- Patients should resume their normal activities immediately following the operation.
- Makeup can be worn the next day after the treatment.
- Certain drugs, such as antiplatelets, may be advised to be avoided for a few days before and after the operation by the doctor. The amount of blood extracted from the body will range from 10 ml to 30 ml, depending on the number of places to be handled.
- It takes about 2-3 weeks after the operation to see subtle changes in the skin, and about 4-6 weeks to see a significant difference.
Call us and schedule your appointment with the best dermatologist in Gurgaon at
La Midas Skin Clinic.