A person who has the following symptoms or conditions should consider hair transplantation:
- Male pattern baldness is a condition that affects men.
- Women who have hair loss or thinning hair.
- Someone who has experienced hair loss as a result of a scalp or burn injury.
- A different hair condition that is acceptable for a hair transplant operation.
- Someone who has a distinct patch or pattern of baldness on the crown, as well as robust hair growth and coverage on the sides.
Furthermore, one should only consider hair transplant surgery if they meet the following criteria:
- They have a consistent donor base.
- They have enough donor hair for the transplant as well as the future.
- It is critical to practise correct pre-hair transplant care when undergoing a hair transplant treatment. This ensures that the transplant proceeds well and that the patient is not in any pain during the process. Ten days before the surgery, the following hair transplant care must be followed:
- In addition to vitamins, notably vitamins B and E, blood thinners, and herbal remedies, it is best to avoid using aspirin, Advil, anti-inflammatory pills, or opioids.
- The patient must also refrain from taking steroids or wearing cortisone creams, as these can increase the risk of bleeding during surgery.
- During this time, alcohol and smoking are also prohibited.
The following instructions are included in the hair transplant care the day before surgery:
- The patient must get adequate sleep.
- It is critical not to apply or use any hair spray, gel, or other style treatments.
- It is also critical to take any drugs prescribed by your doctor.
- Before arriving at the clinic on the day of the procedure, the patient must take their prescribed medications. They must also wear an old shirt throughout the treatment because it will almost certainly be cut off afterward. It is recommended that they bring a button-up shirt to wear following the transplant.
Other guidelines to follow on the day of the hair transplant include the following:
- Use a gentle shampoo to clean the scalp.
- Eat a modest breakfast and limit your coffee intake.
- Wearing a wig, hair accessories, or hair styling products is not recommended.
- Exercising, running, jogging, or engaging in any intense activity should be avoided.
- The doctor will begin the hair transplant procedure by providing anaesthetic to the regions of the patient's hair loss and baldness. If a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure is used, the doctor will remove individual hair follicles from the healthy portions of the scalp and transplant them into the bald places. This procedure normally necessitates several two to four-hour sessions.
- In the event of a Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), however, the doctor will remove a few inches of skin graft from the donor area, cut it into small portions, and extract hair follicles from these sections. They will then plant these follicles into the recipient area's tiny incisions, which will take 4 to 6 hours to complete.
Instructions for Post-Operative Care
- As with any medical operation, it is critical to maintain good care after hair transplant surgery, in addition to taking all essential precautions. For a few days after a hair transplant, you might expect some pain in the scalp. In most cases, the doctor will prescribe pain relievers as well as antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. It is also critical to avoid touching the recipient area and to take the drugs prescribed for optimum hair transplant maintenance.
- To keep the incision line and surgery region clean, the patient must wear bandages for at least a day following the procedure and keep them on overnight. To avoid swelling, remove the bandage or head wrap the day following the transplant with scissors.
- The post-hair transplant care comprises a bath and cleansing of the donor area two days following the procedure. On this day, the patient must repeatedly pour water over the recipient and donor areas to clean them. It is, however, critical to avoid using a towel to dry the hair.
- After the second day, the patient must wash their recipient area twice daily with a gentle, antimicrobial shampoo and conditioner. This is a critical step in hair transplant maintenance because it ensures that the scalp flakes and crust are eliminated and that no infection is caused.
Other critical post-hair transplant care guidelines are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcohol, smoking, and taking pain relievers.
- Do not exercise or indulge in any intense activity for at least a few weeks following the treatment.
- Use the oral drugs as directed on a regular basis.
- When it comes to sleeping following a hair transplant, you must also take measures. It is best to keep the head elevated while sleeping to keep the transplant intact and safe. The patient can accomplish this by placing numerous pillows or a towel beneath their head. Furthermore, for at least two weeks after the transplant, only the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion advised by the doctor should be utilised. Furthermore, exposure to heat and sunlight should be avoided for three weeks following the treatment. Swimming is also not regarded as safe during this time period.
Call and book your appointment with the best hair transplant doctor in Gurgaon at Lamidas.