Finding the best fruit for your skin is like a finding that one dress or tux that you’d want to wear on a date night
And these are the key bits to remember. Fruits for glowing skin are;
- Low in sugars
- Have a low glycemic index
- Low glycemic load
- Packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (which most fruits don’t have to try too hard to tick off)
- Have healthy fibre (aka are in their whole raw form rather than being juiced – if you have to chew, you’ve got fibre sorted)
Now that that’s all said and done are you all ready to find out about our 13 top tips to literally eat your way to a healthy glowing skin?
- Treating skin pigmentation - The enzyme papain in papaya acts as a strong skin exfoliator and removes the dead cells, which can make the face lighter in tone and more supple. In addition, the abundance of beta-carotene and plant compounds present in papaya enhances the skin glow and complexion
- Moisturizes the skin - The rich array of antioxidants and enzymes present in papaya help in treating dry and flaky skin. Applying papaya pulp on your face makes your skin soft and radiant.
- Anti-Aging - The richness of carotenoids, the potent antioxidants in papaya help in fighting free radical damage and prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin, which can tighten the skin and fades away the wrinkles.
- Eating one orange a day or drinking a delicious tangy glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice may aid in weight loss, boost your immune system, and produce healthier skin. Oranges are rich in calcium, fiber, and vitamin C and are low in calories, so they really are a wonderful start to your day.
- Contains LOADS of Vitamin & Nutrients - each orange contains more than 100 percent of the recommended intake of vitamin C. Oranges are also significant sources of vitamins A and B1, folate, potassium, calcium, and dietary fiber.
- Rich in Antioxidants and Limonoids – Oranges are thought to be extremely rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants may help prevent free radicals and toxins from oxidizing and attacking healthy body cells.
- Brightening the skin - Grapefruit is a vital ingredient to include in your skincare routine if you long for radiant, glowing skin. Rich in the anti-oxidant Beta Carotene, it transforms dull, dehydrated complexions and leaves your skin beautifully radiant.
- Anti-aging effects - Packed with Vitamin A, Grapefruit is a wonderful anti-aging ingredient. Vitamin A helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by softening the skin and boosting collagen production.
- Thorough Deep Cleansing - Beneficial for anyone who suffers from congested, breakout-prone skin, grapefruit is a natural source of Salicylic Acid. Working to deeply cleanse pores and heal breakouts, Salicylic Acid dramatically improves the skin’s appearance and texture.
- Has high chances of stimulating collagen production - tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C. Besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C can help stimulate collagen production.
- Applied topically, vitamin C may help improve skin elasticity. That can make your skin firmer. It’s important to note that there’s no scientific evidence to show that applying tomato to your skin can result in these benefits.
- Removal of dead skin cells – There have been many claims the enzymes in tomatoes can offer exfoliation benefits when applied to the skin.
- Create a tomato scrub, combine sugar, and mashed up tomatoes. You can then rub the scrub on your body, but use care to avoid your face. Store-bought sugar crystals are too jagged and can create injuries on facial skin, which is thinner than the skin on the rest of the body.
- May contain anti-aging properties – Tomatoes are rich in vitamins like B-1, B-3, B-5, B-6 & B-9. These vitamins have anti-aging properties that may help reduce age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. B vitamins also contribute to cell repair. They may reduce hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
5. Red Grapes
- Packed with antioxidants - These vitamins have anti-aging properties that may help reduce age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. B vitamins also contribute to cell repair. They may reduce hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
- Reduces skin damage - It is found that resveratrol prevents signs of aging and other skin problems. According to a study conducted by the team at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), resveratrol, when combined with a common acne medication benzoyl peroxide, fights the acne-causing bacteria.
- High source of potassium - Potassium counteracts excess sodium. A low-sodium-high-potassium diet has proven beneficial for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart health in most cases.
- Reduces UV damage to the skin - Strawberries are rich in a number of antioxidants, including ellagic acid and anthocyanin. Ellagic acid applied topically has been shown to reduce skin damage from the sun’s UV rays by inhibiting certain enzymes that contribute to the collagen breakdown, and by diminishing inflammatory responses.
- Whites teeth naturally - the small amount of malic acid in the strawberries can work to whiten your teeth. For a powerful, natural teeth-whitening treatment, try rubbing a sliced strawberry back and forth against your teeth. Let it sink in for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth.
- Improves complexion, cleanses, and tones - Strawberries contain alpha-hydroxy acids, which help to eliminate dead skin cells and cleanse the skin. If your complexion is rough and dull, applying strawberries to your skin can have noticeable results.
Strawberries also contain salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid which can help reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
Many factors contribute to healthy skin
It is important to remember that a number of factors contribute to glowing skin. Consuming the above-mentioned fruits is good for a healthy digestive system and to treat a number of skin issues. However, healthy skin in the long run is usually the result of a collective effort.
We hope this was a good read for you and provided you with some useful information. As always, if you found this blog helpful, please share it among your friends as it helps us a lot. Comment below on what you want us to write about next!