All You Need To Know:
- In surgical hair restoration, hair from the back and sides of the scalp- known as the donor area- is transplanted to the balding areas. Hair transplantation is the only proven treatment that can regrow hair on a bald scalp. However, there are limitations associated with surgery, and a full restoration of the scalp may be unlikely.
- There are basically two types of hair transplant technologies- follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). A successful hair transplant requires proper and detailed consultation, examination, and evaluation of all means.
- Hair transplants are not cheap and do not happen overnight. There is an investment of both time and money. You may have to sit for a few sessions before you regain your youthful appearance.
- When performed by trained and skilled surgeons, hair transplant is a risk-free treatment. Post-treatment, the patient will be left with some scars, but they will gradually disappear in a few weeks.
DOs and DON’Ts After A Hair Transplant:
Your new implanted hair needs proper care and nourishment after the treatment. Therefore, it is always advisable to follow the instructions of your doctor. Here are some tips and tricks that you can follow to take care of your hair:
- DO sleep with your head elevated for at least 7 days after the treatment. For most patients, this may vary, depending on the swelling.
- DON’T scrub too much or use hot water or steam directly above your scalp.
- DO use ice on your forehead to reduce the swelling.
- DON’T try to prevent the formation of scabs on your scalp after a transplant, as it is completely natural.
- DO hydrate well before and after the treatment.
- DON’T wash your head for the first 48 hours.
- DO apply gentle conditioner on the scalp to relieve any itching.
- DON’T panic if hair falls out from the transplanted areas 2 to 4 weeks after the treatment. This is completely normal and part of the hair growth cycle. Your hair will regrow just in time.
Apart from surgical hair transplant treatment, there is also non-surgical hair transplant. It is a treatment that can regrow and regenerate your hair without the use of anesthesia, surgery, or any downtime, is called a non-surgical hair transplant. These treatments are FDA-approved. However, it must be kept in mind that a non-surgical hair transplant does not work in cases of advanced or extreme hair loss.
What Are The Different Types Of Non-Surgical Hair Transplant Treatments?
- Minoxidil: This is a common ingredient in Rogaine, which is an over-the-counter hair loss treatment. It is a topical treatment applied right to your scalp. Some doctors have access to pharmaceutical-grade minoxidil and customize their own mixture. This makes it the perfect treatment to add to your at-home hair care routine.
- Finasteride: This is an oral tablet, which especially treats male pattern baldness. This prescription is only for men, as it works by reducing the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) produced by your body, and this kind of therapy is not appropriate for women.
- PRP: Platelet-Rich Plasma, or PRP, is the most successful therapy for hair loss. It involves the use of platelets and growth factors from your own blood to assist inactive hair follicles to move back into the growth phase. It has gained popularity for treating patterned hair loss, thinning of the hair, and receding hairline. PRP is non-surgical and does not involve the addition of follicles in the target area. PRP helps with the reactivation of dormant hair follicles and stimulates hair growth, unlike a transplant, which provides dramatic results.
- Laser Treatment: Popularly known as red light therapy, a low-level laser therapy exposes your scalp to photons. This heals the weak cells and helps in the regrowing of hair. The scalp becomes rejuvenated and refreshed through multiple low-level laser treatments because they increase circulation to your scalp and stimulate hair follicles to grow.
- Microneedling: It is done with the help of derma rollers and it aims to improve the blood circulation in the scalp and promote the growth of collagen fibers which enhance hair growth.
Why Choose La Midas Aesthetics Center For The Treatment?
If you are experiencing hair loss, it is always advisable to consult your doctor. La Midas provides the best hair loss treatment. We prioritize the beauty and wellness of our clients, and with our cutting-edge technology, we always strive to achieve the best results. With our team of highly qualified and experienced specialists, and international standards of technology, infrastructure, clinical care, and modern medicines, we help our patients achieve all their dreams of beauty and wellness.
Book an appointment with us now!