How And Why Do You Lose Hair When You Wear A Helmet?
- Helmets that are fitted incorrectly or used inappropriately are the leading causes of hair loss. To avoid damaging your hair, be careful when putting on and taking off your helmet.
- If you notice any stress in your hair while doing so, it's a sign that you're not wearing your helmet properly, which might lead to traction alopecia. This is a kind of hair loss caused by excessive tugging or stress on hair follicles. People who wear their hair in ponytails, braids, cornrows, or buns are prone to this.
- While a large helmet poses a safety risk by slipping off during an accident, a tight helmet puts too much pressure on your hair, damaging its roots and causing hair loss.
- Wearing a tight helmet also reduces airflow, creating the ideal environment for grime and sweat to collect. It becomes a perfect breeding habitat for bacteria, perhaps resulting in an infection.
- Infections of the scalp weaken the hair follicles, causing hair loss and limiting new hair development.
How To Prevent Hair Loss Due To Helmets?
Keep Your Hair Clean: The scalp secretes sebum on a regular basis, which naturally conditions your hair. When you don't wash your hair on a regular basis, though, sebum builds up, making your hair greasy and oily. Excess sebum can feed microfauna (microscopic creatures), resulting in dandruff and, in extreme cases, hair loss. Washing your hair on a regular basis keeps it clean and is the first step in preventing hair loss from helmets. It also prevents dryness, dandruff, and maintains the quality of your hair.
Dry Out Your Hair Before Wearing A Helmet: If you wear a helmet with wet hair, the insides of the helmet may become damp. The lack of ventilation fosters the growth of bacteria and fungi in the scalp, resulting in illnesses that cause more than simply hair loss. Furthermore, wet hair is more susceptible to breakage when wearing a helmet. It's recommended to take a break and fully dry your hair before putting on your helmet. A few more minutes can spare you the aggravation of dealing with other hair issues.
Buy A Good Quality Helmet: The exterior of a certified helmet is composed of materials that have been crash tested for their safety. It's also crafted with high-quality, breathable fabrics that won't irritate your scalp. Find the proper size when you've found the right sort of helmet. Helmets should be comfortable to wear and remove without generating hair tension.
Clean Your Helmet: Make it a habit to clean your helmet every week or biweekly. All good quality helmets' inside padding may be removed and washed. You'll be able to get rid of any dust, perspiration, or bacteria that have accumulated there this manner. With a clean damp cloth, wipe the rest of it clean. Keep in mind that if you want good hair, you must look after your helmet.
What Do You Need To Do To Regrow The Lost Hair?
It's never too late to reverse hair loss caused by helmet use. Listed below are a few things you can do:
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Increase your protein intake.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise on a regular basis.
- Heat styling tools should be avoided.
If the situation appears to be more serious, you should seek medical advice.
If you have been drastically losing your hair because you are following standard safety protocols on the road by wearing a helmet, you do not need to worry. At La Midas, we offer the best hair transplant in Gurgaon. With our international standards of technology, infrastructure, clinical care and modern medicines, we help our patients achieve all their dreams of beauty and wellness. With our cutting-edge technology and our team of experienced and highly qualified specialists, we always prioritize the beauty and wellness of our clients.
For a detailed consultation, book an appointment now!